New Development Container Request
Under the Waste and Recycling Policy [pdf] 106KB, the responsibility for the provision of containers for the collection of recyclables, residual waste and food waste for all new developments is the responsibility of the developer.
We have listed below the number and type of containers that are required.
Bins can be purchased directly from the council using the online form at the bottom of this page. Alternatively developers are welcome to procure the containers from other sources, they are however unlikely to receive the same preferential rates and delivery timescales. All containers must fully comply with the council standards and specifications.
- 240 litre wheeled green recycling bin- the cost individual bin is £35.00
- 180 litre wheeled grey residual bin - the cost individual bin is £35.00
- 23 litre external black food bins with orange lockable lid -the cost individual bin is £10.00
- 5 litre internal silver food caddy - the cost individual bin is £5.00
- The cost for supply and delivery of a full set of bin per individual property(240 litre recycling, 180 litre residual and 23 litre food caddy) is £75.00
Communal properties (six flats or more)
- 1 x 1,100 litre recycling bin green with aperture
- 1 x 1,100 litre grey residual bin
- 1 x 140 litre communal food bin
- The cost for supply and delivery of 140 litre communal store food bin is £55.00 per bin
- The cost for supply and delivery of 1,100 litre residual or recycling bin (covering 6 properties) is £400.00
- The cost for supply and delivery of 1,100 Recycling aperture bins is £400
Our delivery times are ten working days on wheeled bins and caddies, although we require an extra notice period on 1,100 litre bins. Please note that all bins will need to be signed for upon delivery.
- If you wish to place an order for a single property along, please complete our request form
- however, if you wish to order containers for multiple properties please create an account and complete our container provision for new developments application form.
To learn more about where our waste goes read the Kent Resource Partnership's governance documents.