Cycling and Walking Strategy Consultation
Tell us your views on the Cycling and Walking Strategy
This consultation has now ended. Thank you to everyone who took part.
Ashford Borough Council would like your views on the proposals for a New Cycling and Walking Strategy. We will use your feedback to inform any changes to the proposals, as well as to gauge the level of public support for the strategy. Please read through the information below before taking part.
The Cycling and Walking Strategy is a joint strategy which revises the council’s previous Cycling Strategy approved in 2015. The strategy now focuses on both cycling and walking, which we hope will bring benefits in health, transport and the economy. It is part of a wider strategy to improve overall sustainable transport, in particular making the town centre more accessible.
The Cycling and Walking Strategy has six main aims:
- To provide and improve the cycling and walking network
- To increase cycle parking around the borough
- Maintaining the existing cycling and walking network
- Focusing on safer cycling
- Promoting cycling and walking in the borough
- Increasing opportunities for cycling and walking tourism
Key projects have been proposed in order to achieve these aims. These projects include:
- Up-to-date cycle routes and cycle parking;
- Ongoing maintenance and improvements of current routes;
- Enforcement practices to ensure the safety and attractiveness of cycling and walking;
- Promotion of cycling and walking through working partnerships aimed at delivering information and training, and;
- Producing borough-wide maps to promote tourism and usage of the new routes.
Have your say
There are already well-established cycle networks of cycle paths around the borough which incorporates parts of the national cycling network. Work has already been undertaken to identify possible new routes and improvements to existing infrastructure.
This consultation has now concluded.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Data protection disclaimer
This survey has been designed in a way as to not collect any directly identifiable personal information; however, personal information may be collected as part of your answers to any open questions. In such cases, Ashford Borough Council will be the data controller for any information collected. Any information collected will be used to inform our cycling and walking strategy and the results of this survey may be anonymously reported upon to internal and external partners. Processing is being conducted under the public interest legal basis and any collected information will be held for as long as it is needed to inform our strategy. For more information about your data protection rights please see the Council’s data protection pages which can be found at www.ashford.gov.uk or contact the Data Protection Officer at The Data Protection Officer, Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford TN23 1PL.