There are a number of agencies that make up the Ashford Health and Wellbeing Board. They work together to address health and wellbeing needs and related issues across the borough.
The Board ensures that agreed priorities are tackled in a coordinated way. Board members share resources to deliver an agreed action plan. The Board has the following priorities:
- Inequalities – focus is annually reviewed based on Public Health England data. This includes: reducing smoking, reducing obesity, giving every child the best start in life, substance misuse, improving air quality, improving housing to improve health and wellbeing
- Infrastructure – ensuring we are able to bring care as close to home as possible and that we have a high calibre, fully functioning health workforce
- Innovation – including continually improving our flagship One You service offer
Each priority has a lead agency and is supported by a wider network of people to help deliver agreed projects and programmes.
The Board has representatives from the following organisation:
- Ashford Borough Council
- Kent County Council
- Ashford Clinical Commissioning Group
- Kent Community Health Foundation Trust
- Ashford GP Federation
- William Harvey Hospital
- Ashford Local Children’s Partnership Group and Patient Participation Group
Board meetings take place once per quarter and for further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.