Our Classroom-Based Food Hygiene Courses
Current food safety courses
|Foundation Certificate in Food Safety (Level 2)||Thursday 20 September 2018
||9am to 5pm - All day||Committee Room 2, Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford, TN23 1PL||£48.00|
|Foundation Certificate in Food Safety (Level 2)||Tuesday 20 November 2018||9am to 5pm - All day||Committee Room 2, Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford, TN23 1PL||£48.00|
Certificate and Level
Foundation Certificate in Food Safety Catering (Level 2)
This one day course is designed for those with basic food safety awareness who will be working closely with food, sometimes with only minimal supervision. This will include people working with high-risk foods in catering environments. The cost includes course and certificate on successful completion of the final assessment.
The course covers:
- Food safety
- Food safety management systems (records, etc.)
- Food safety hazards (like physical, chemical and bacterial contamination)
- Allergens – contamination and controls
- Bacteriology (sources, multiplication, management)
- Cross contamination
- Food deliveries, stock control, food storage and traceability
- Food spoilage
- Food poisoning and food borne illness
- Temperature controls – how to check temperatures, chilled and frozen storage
- Personal hygiene including protective clothing and hand hygiene
- Premises design
- Waste disposal
- Pest control food storage including stock rotation and date marking
About our classroom-based courses
In order for you to sit the exam we require proof of your identity [pdf] 14KB.
If you do not bring acceptable proof of your identity you will not be allowed to sit the exam.
Pay and display is available at the Civic Centre; alternatively nearby parking includes Flour Mills and Dover Place.
Tea, coffee, water and biscuits will be available. Lunch is not provided.
Casual dress is acceptable.
Book a place on one of our courses
Complete our food hygiene training booking form.
Please note your booking form and payment should be received by us at least seven (7) working days prior to the date of the course.
No refunds will be issued if less than seven (7) working days’ notice is received by us to cancel your place.
Payment does not guarantee place.
What happens next?
After we receive your booking form and payment, we will send you confirmation details.
We aim to issue this within seven (7) working days.