Problems with Premises

Picture of a person playing a bass guitar.Are you experiencing noise problems with a licensed premises?

If you are having problems, in the first instance email our Licensing team, who will initially speak with the licence holder to give them the opportunity to resolve the problem informally.

It is helpful to keep a diary of incidents of noise even if action cannot be taken at that time. Information can then be built up about the premises so the relevant officer can take action.

If the problems cannot be resolved in this way there is the opportunity for any of the responsible authorities or a member of the public to apply for a review of the licence:

Privacy notice

We are the data controller for any personal information collected in this application. Your information will be used to administrate the licence, processing is being conducted relying upon a contractual legal basis. Your data may be shared with other departments within the council for the purpose of improving services, keeping records up-to-date and for the protection of the public fund. It may also share your data with other bodies responsible for auditing public funds for these purposes. You can find further information about data sharing to identify fraud on our Data Sharing to Identity Fraud page. Your information will be retained as long as you hold the licence + 12 years. For more information about your data protection rights please see our Data Protection page or contact the Data Protection Officer by post: Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery Lane, Ashford, Kent, TN23 1PL or email:

Contact us

Email our Licensing team.